Thursday, 27 October 2011

Surgery Details

Many people have been asking me the same questions regarding my surgery, so here is a list of the particulars that I know so far:

Date – Tuesday November 22nd

Location – Mt St. Joseph`s hospital, Vancouver

Surgery – full mastectomy of one breast with a tissue expander put in place. Lift on the non-cancer breast to make sure it matches the other side. Will have to have an additional surgery after the expander is up to full size to remove the expander and insert a permanent implant.

Days in hospital – likely 1 overnight, but could be 1-3 depending on how my recovery goes

Days spent in Vancouver – likely a week. I will likely be there on November 21st, and then leave around November 29th. I have to see my PSurg on Nov 28th to remove the bandages and drains (attached to my incision site) so I think I will head back to Kelowna after that.

Where am I staying – other than my night in the hospital, I do not know yet

Can I have visitors? – Yes please! But do keep in mind I might only be up for short visits – thinking about this already has me super tired!

Am I scared? – very much so.

No comments:

Post a Comment