Saturday, 30 July 2011

The Hump

Wednesday was treatment #4 and the half-way point of the chemotherapy portion of my treatment. I headed off to the cancer clinic with my Dad, Cayley and a good friend in tow. Thankfully I had some extra support this time as I was a little extra weepy.

Not sure why, but I started to cry at the clinic before we even got started. I think my body just now knows what is coming and knows it’s not pleasant. The treatment didn’t take a long time, but it sure took its toll this time. It’s now been four days and I am still feeling off.

I’ve had a lot of visitors stop by which has been great. Good friends always seem to make things better. Both my brothers are in town this weekend so that has been nice as well. But I just don’t feel well. Feeling crappy has started to take an emotional toll on me. I keep crying for small reasons – I’m tired, I’m sore, I can’t get up without feeling gross and it is just getting the better of me this time.

Thankfully this is the last go of this type of chemo and hopefully the next 4 treatments will be better. I did still manage to get out a bit this week – watched my old soccer team play for a bit, attended a bridal shower for a friend, had sushi dinner with the family, and signed up for the Running Room’s Survivor 5km run clinic.

The clinic started on Wednesday, but since I was just out of treatment, they said I could come next week. I explained that I was still undergoing treatment and they seemed to think it would be okay to come to 2 out of every 3 weeks. Apparently at the end I will be ready to run and/or walk in the Run for the Cure coming up in early October. I am really looking forward to getting out there and getting started next week!

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day and moves me towards the start of feeling good for 2-ish weeks.

4 down, 4 to go. One set of drugs down, one left.

No comments:

Post a Comment