Last week I was delayed twice for chemo #3…but it worked out really well. I was able to go to Alaska to see my friends get married and felt pretty okay for the trip! The setting was gorgeous, the bride was absolutely stunning, the groom couldn’t stop smiling, and it was a super fun wedding with lots of great people.
I felt a little self-conscious on the plane, as I wore a little mask and wiped down everything in sight with anti-bacterial wipes, but I just can’t afford to get sick. Everything went smoothly on our flights to Anchorage and we rented a car to get out to Alyeska Resort in Girdwood. It was a really great weekend and I even saw a moose and a bear!
On Wednesday, I went in for chemo #3. My white cell counts were fine so it was a go after the third check-in. This time I had a nurse who was very blunt, abrupt, and well, just not all that pleasant. Maybe I noticed more because all the other nurses in there are so nice…and she was just so…well, not. My dad, along with my cousin and her fiancé from the UK came with me this time. It was great to have them there, although they were only allowed in one-at-a-time.
When my cousin came in, I started to get a little weepy. I just really did not want to be in there. I did not want to do this again. She just held my hand and told me it would be okay, and we got under way.
Things went really quickly this time and I was out in less than 2 hours. We headed out to lunch at Quails’ Gate after so my cousin could see the winery. I also got to see a dear friend who works there, so that was great too!
I headed home after and curled up on the couch. I’ve been a lot more tired this time around, taking way more naps than previous. I’ve had some great visitors stop in, however a lot of the time, I just lie on the couch and can’t say much…I’m really tired!
But I am feeling okay right now. We are hoping to head off to Vancouver tomorrow for the night for an engagement party where a lot of my Dad’s side of the family will be in attendance. (and of course, try to hit up Ikea ;) ).
3 down, 5 to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment