The Doctor said my white cell count was too low, so no treatment today. It will have to be pushed to Wednesday. I will get blood-work done again on Wednesday morning and the results of that will determine whether I can receive treatment #3 that day.
The nurse said there is nothing I can do to make my white cells regenerate faster...no eating special foods, resting, exercise, medicine or any other tricks will work. My body is responding how it wants to and it really doesn't care about the plans I have made for it.
They did say that the counts looked like they were on their way up and that they can sometimes be up to par in just a few hours. Let's hope that's the case and by Wednesday morning, I'll be able to write 3 down, 5 to go. And if you have made plans to come visit me tonight or tomorrow, well maybe just see if you can squeeze me in Wed/Thurs ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment