Today it is absolutely gorgeous outside and my brother arrived from Calgary for a visit, it’s the long weekend here in Canada, and I am feeling terrific….not a bad way to start!
Yesterday was a great day. I had a fabulous lunch with some great friends, heard back from some of the organizations I needed to talk to, and had some great news from the Kelowna Regional Fertility Clinic (they have found a “compassionate-donation” program through a rep to get some of my treatments for free!). The clinic is really amazing and no, I do not feel one bit guilty for my shameless plug for them…they have been wonderful!
Speaking of shameless plugs, I headed off to see Pam, an AMAZING masseuse with All Activity Massage in Kelowna. Not only is Pam a great RMT, but she’s an amazing person and friend…and Ironwoman! Anyways, after a session with her I felt relaxed and ready to tackle whatever was next.
My friend Deanna took me to a yoga class last night…amazing! I felt almost normal after…really! I was more awake than I had been in a while and it felt really great to stretch a bit as well. I then went and watched the Diablos play soccer and enjoyed the company of my old-teammates.
Today I woke up remembering that I needed to call the surgical booking office between 11am-12pm to get my scheduled time for surgery tomorrow. I was not a happy camper learning that I was tentatively scheduled for the late afternoon as regardless of your surgery time, you don’t get to eat or drink anything past midnight the night before. I get nauseous when I don’t eat in the morning, and then grumpy…I don’t actually think they realized how “HAngry” I actually get! ;) But this morning I told myself to suck it up and deal with it…it’s only one day.
I called the office right at 11am and to my surprise, they have me booked for 1045am (ish) tomorrow morning! Talk about lucky. I graciously thanked the booking person and then told my Dad and brother that I needed to be dropped off at 840am…and they BOTH are coming to sit with me…do they not realize how boring this will be??? Anyways, grateful and happy nonetheless.
So tomorrow is port-a-cath surgery day and another thing ticked off the ol’ “get treated for cancer” list. Next week I get to see the Radiologist for a bone scan, or as I like to say, the “nuclear medicine docs”…sounds much cooler don’t you think? Plus my friend Carmen works there so maybe I can see her too J
My logical side of me is starting to take over again. The past few days I have been really nervous and scared to style my hair, for fear that the pulling it while using the hair dryer or straightener might make it come out faster. Then I thought: “what good is having my own hair, if it just looks crappy anyways??” So for my last few “own” hair days I decided to try and style it as usual, and if it decides to fall out, well so be it.
Off to enjoy this gorgeous afternoon before dinner with the family a little later. Wishing everyone a safe and happy May long weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment