Tuesday, 31 May 2011

The Last One Standing

You ever notice when hosting a party, the people you’d least like to stay are the ones who stay the longest? They hang on to the bitter end of the evening and you finally have to either kick them out, or just go to bed and hope they have finally gone by the morning.

That is exactly how I feel about my hair.

As the doctor suggested, it started to fall out around the 2 week mark after my first chemo. I was hoping certain hairs would leave first…permanent smooth legs would be great for the summer! And those weird, random, one-off hairs…you know, they stray that just seems to grow for no reason in the middle of nowhere, all by itself, well they can leave first too. I have a little black hair that grows on my right arm, all by itself amongst the hundreds of other blonde hairs and I’d happily show it the door before my other hair has to fall out.

But again, I don’t get a choice. Drats. The hair on my head has started to fall out every time I brush or run my hands through it. Right now, it still looks like my “normal” head of hair…but that’s likely because I have so much of it to start with. I’m going to see my hairdresser today to see what she says…but I have a feeling I will come home with a new look. And I bet that pesky little black hair will still be hanging about on my arm.

This is an area I am definitely struggling with. But I will have to get used to it…and fast. One more hurdle to overcome, more patience to be learned, and more vanity to get over. Maybe to make myself feel better, I’ll go kick that little black hair out first…force it to leave before the “fun” ones have to go. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hair's overrate. I've been losing that battle up top for years now. :)

    ReplyDelete