was a really fun time. However, after the ceremony portion of the program, I looked at the photos of me – it was really hard to take.
For me, it seemed so obvious and awful. It looked like I was wearing a bad wig and just looking really terrible. My friends of course told me that I looked fine and that you couldn’t tell…but that’s what friends are supposed to do! I got into the car and told the group I was with that I didn’t want any more photos taken of me that night, please and thank you. They were all accommodating.
The reception was held in this riding stable in Aggasiz, surrounded by big beautiful mountains and hay fields, and really great scenery. One of the girls at our table got the brilliant idea to go have a fun ‘photo-shoot’ in the hay after dinner and speeches. I didn’t want to go. I was nervous, uncomfortable, and really just did not want my picture taken – I felt that I looked so awful and I just did not want to remember that.

Good thing I didn’t miss it. I have not laughed that hard in a long long time. We posed, we made up poses, we were the best (and the worst) models ever. It was so much fun and we had a blast.



No comments:
Post a Comment