Last weekend my friend got married in Vernon. She asked me to be her maid-of-honour and of course, I was delighted to accept – until I got sick. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to be the best MOH for her big day. I gave her the option that I could gracefully bow out, but she wouldn’t accept. So last week I tried to be a good MOH and threw her a stagette/shower and participate in her upcoming wedding.
Both days were amazing. The stagette/shower day was a lot of fun! Great old friends, lots of laughs and tonnes of old stories made for a terrific day. Most of all, my friend had a good time.
Then the wedding day came. We headed off to the salon to get our hair and make-up done. Of course, I was nervous as to what I was going to look like – how on earth were they going to make my wig look ‘normal’? Not only that, my dress was strapless and it would show off my scar from my port surgery.
Well I had absolutely no reason to worry. The stylists at the salon were great! My hair stylist had not ever done an up-do on a wig before, but she just asked me what I was looking for and said we’d make something happen. In the end, my hair looked awesome! Really natural, really nice, and very appropriate for a wedding. Not only that, the make-up artist was able to air-brush foundation on my scar and completely cover it up!! I was so impressed. I felt so pretty and I just could not stop smiling.
The day was a lot of fun and really amazing for my friend. I was so glad that I was able to be a part of such a great occasion.
You look absolutely amazing - I love that color on you! xoxox Maja
ReplyDelete